Listed below are links to the most frequently needed information and forms needed by research students at various stages of their degree. Supervisors are the first point of advice for research students – further queries can be directed to School postgraduate co-ordinators or the Graduate School Office.
Also try the A-Z for less requested information.
The Student Handbook is an invaluable source of guidance and should be referred to throughout the course of study, especially at the start of each academic year.
Admission of Research Students
Annual Student Symposium
The students present their work at an Annual Symposium, giving the the opportunity to engage with other students within the College.
Travel Awards and Charity/Trust Funding
- Research Students in the Medical School will be notified when the Dow Travel Award is open for application. This funds research students attending and presenting their work at relevant national and international conferences.
- The Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding' which takes students through the whole process of identifying charities and trusts for financial support for their studies.
- Thesis Monitoring Committee questionnaire: PDF version | Word version
- Withdrawal from Studies (Word document, to be filled in by supervisors)
- Submission of Research Thesis (to be filled in by supervisors)
Advice and support for research students
- OPD - a wide range of training and courses from academic writing to CV preparation
- Student Services
- What to do when things go wrong
- Academic Skills They are an integral part of CASTLE - the Centre for the enhancement of Academic Skills, Teaching, Learning & Employability, with close ties with The Enterprise Gym, Disabilities and Counselling services and International Advice Service.