Registration guidelines for students

Full-time Students

If your studentship pays you a non-taxable stipend, you should register as a full-time student.

Part-time Students

If you are an employee of the University, NHS or other organisation, you should register as a part-time student, even if you are spending the majority, or even all of your time working on your research project. Although the minimum period of registration is longer for part-time study, the Research Degrees and College Board can approve an accelerated thesis submission where appropriate. Employees of the University of Dundee may be eligible for a fee waiver for the duration of their employment with the University, but will be required to pay a submission fee.