The Dundee‐A*STAR Research Training (DA*RT) programme is a new collaboration between A*STAR and the University of Dundee, aimed at providing joint research opportunities between the two institutions and experience of working in the rapidly developing biomedical science community in Singapore.
Under this programme, eligible PhD students from the University of Dundee will spend 1 to 2 years of their 4 year PhD at an A*STAR research institute under the joint supervision of staff at the University of Dundee and an A*STAR research institute. The time in Singapore is funded by the A*STAR Graduate Academy, who will pay living allowance, return airfare and lab costs for a period up to 2 years. Students maintain registration/matriculation fees at the University of Dundee.
Benefits of the programme include:
- PhD projects in laboratories run by internationally-renowned scientists
- 2-year placement at the University of Dundee and 2-years at A*STAR RI
- Substantial financial support covering
- monthly overseas living allowance
- monthly sustenance allowance
- full tuition fees
- other allowances include computer, thesis costs, books, conference attendance and travel